'Romance' in Perhentian Island


I was having a fantastic time at Perhentian Island last weekend! I longed for that kind of vacation and i’m glad i joned my collegues to the island. It’s a great experienced and ‘romance’... hehhehe. My skin are more dark now but i think its worth it, “huisiow”(Swedish word) la heheh.

So, my journey begins on Saturday 10th of may. Since i’m the last minutes kind of girl, i start packing my things at 12 am and went to sleep at 2 am. 2 hours later, i woke up with a terrible pain in both of my legs due to the 10 hours non-stop walking at BB and Petaling street area the day before. Teik Mun and Poh Choo arrived at my house around 5.30 am and Poh Choo mom took us to Subang airport. Not many people in the airport, very silent environment. I had to walk n drag my right foot like a limb and retarded girl. I don’t give a damn cause what ever happens i must reach Perhentian Island! hehee..

We took the 'firefly' plane, small, with big propeller.. it's pretty scary to ride but, the interior is bigger then airasia flight. It's cool though. We arrived at Kota Bharu airport around 8 am, grab a taxi and drove off to Kuala Besut Jetty. That's the first time i step my foot in Kelantan. Hmm.. the Kota Bharu area are not so developped, but i really like the houses design. Very creative and beautiful for me. It took almost 1 1/2 hour to jetty, took the speed boat and arrive around 45 minutes later at Perhentian Island.

On the way to the Arwana jetty, i can see the corals and fishes swimming happily beneath us, it's so crystal clear.... so beautiful! i wish i knew how to swim n do free diving :p. I'm planning to take swimming class this month hahha, so that i can swim at Redang next month. Back to the perhentian stories, we check into our small chalet - Bayu dive lodge-, i like the bathroom and the sink hehhe. We dump our stuff and go for a walk at the beach, some r trying to play kite and i just sit on the swing and took pics. We had our lunch at the b'fast bar next to our chalet. The food is tasty, big portion and cheap!!!! The owner of the b'fast bar is pretty cool. He had a long beard, and then he only wore "kain" hehe. So simple.


Around 1 o'clock, we go for our first snorkeling trip to Perhentian kecil area. I was pretty frustrated cause of my sick feet and my "leaking" came on that day!! but i dont give a damn just jump into the water and pray that shark wont chase me cause i taste blood haha. Well, well snorkeling is pretty scary for non swimmer like me!! I just grab Poh Choo and hold to her hand almost all the time hehe. Not used to the flippers and the mask and the snorkeling equipment. Its pretty disgusting to breath using the snorkling things and yeah its hard!

There we goes, i can see corals and colourful fishes down us.. Its like 3-5 meters deep i guess. I tried to touch the fishes but i can't, they just swim along us, and look at us with weird looks or maybe they begging for food haha (its just my imagination), we can't feed them but i saw a few other boat feed them with bread. The snorkling guide - ridhwan, caught a baby nemo it was so tiny, like 1 cm long. Ridhwan is very sporting guy and nice snorkling guide. After 1/2 hour i feel so tired of breathing hard using mouth. Spinning a bit. Then all of us move on to our next location to c turtle eating!

Jump again in the water, there's so many people at the turtle area. A lot of floating people hehe. I saw 1 big turtle eating but too bad the visibility is too poor and its really hot! We can barely see anything under. Then,we swim to different area and saw a smaller turtle, ridhwan dive and took the turtle up! I saw its face and manage to touch the shell before the turlte ran away. huhuhu.. but its so fun hahha. And spinning. ergghh i feel like vomitting. Then we went up. I saw everybody was flat, seasick n 1 vomit too eewww.. Then we went to our last diving spot- d'lagoon area. Only me n Poh Choo jumped in the water n this is my most favourite spot!! More colourfull corals n more big fish!!!. too bad i cant took the pics... uhuks.

We arrived at the island around 6pm, i took a bath and then we went for dinner at the Fauna chalet. Expensive n not so sedap too. But overall its ok to me. A few people over there look at me with weird look and ask me "r u malay?". I laugh and said "i have this dark skin offcourse im malay", then they told all their friends hahha. its really funny. It's pretty awkward though cause all my friends talk chineese all the time, so i jusst wait for my food and interupt them a few times and waiting any news from my swedish friends. Its raining that nite, so cold... after we had dinner, to my surprise all of them went to sleep!!! I was so frustrated, cause its only 9 pm and they want to go to sleep?? huhuhu..

Luckily around 10 pm i finally met my lost swedish friend and we lepaking at the Bayu Lodge open bar. Hehehe.. thank God i met them if not i'll be bored to death! We just talking and 1 of the bayu divers - EJ who looks like "The Rock" joined us. He speaks swedish a bit.. pretty hard to talk with Jonas n Robbo since they don't speak english fluently, but im having fun!!

On the second day, my legs less sore but still its painful to walk, i can't really sleep that nite, woke up almost every hour, then at 6 am i go to bath and then went out for a morning walk. The water was sooo surut, met EJ and we have a small chit chat about Perhentian Island, the history, the weather, the peoples, the village and yadayadayada... Interesting facts hehe and its spooky at certain place, im so lucky i didnt see any weird or spooky thing in my chalet last nite.

Then, Jonas and Robbo arrived, they check in to Bayu Lodge as well and joined us to hoping Island snorkeling! It took almost 2 hours with the fisherman kind of boat to Redang Island. It was so hot, we just lay down in the front boat, chit chat. I talk with another diver named Romains. Coincidently he was taking Master in GIS and working as the research assistance at Singapore. He was a switzerland guy. Taking leaves for 4 months and go for diving around south east asia!! Ohhh i wish i can do that! damnn... when can i do that??? I'm started to hate my life n the boring job in KL at this point hehhee. I wish i can said like Azam the dive master guy, "I love my job" everytime he completed he's dives huhuhu. " I hate my Job ok!" :(.


It's really a long journey, Jonas had a hang over, he dont even budge from his spot until we arrived at Redang Island! The rest of us is having good time taking pictures. We arrived at the Redang marine park, It is so beautiful and a lot of people too! go for snorkeling - not as pretty as d lagoon area- but i saw a big Garp fish!! the rest almost the same fish i saw before. Then we took several photos and moved on to the Long beach area.

The Long Beach area is 100 x more beautiful with the sandy beach and damn clear water!! i'm falling in love with this place. I can't wait to go there again next month! It's more happening than Perhentian, a lot of people especially chinesse, like what Robbo said "There's a colony of chinesse everywhere" hahha. Well, EJ had a great laugh everytime Robboo said that. hahha... None of us snorkeling here except for Robbo. I walk along the Long beach area with Ridhwan and went in to the more more tea in souvenir shop. Super hot weather! Then, along the beach there's a place, they have all the sounds systems preparation for the Mothers day beach party later at 5 pm. Too bad i can't joined. They play a nice songs, so i decided to just lying down on the swing under the coconut tree while waiting for the rest of them to pass me. We had only 1 hour there . So, peaceful, beautiful and windy.

After that, we went to the last stop - Pulau Lima area, hoping to see a shark. Well, again, we have no lucks, we can only see 100 of chinesse colony floating everywhere!! hahaha. But, well although its not as beautiful as d'lagoon area. I'm quite satisfied with the scenary. It's beautiful nonetheless. I saw eel and a big nemo playing hide and seek behind corals. A colony of colourful christmas tree species on the coral. Heheh "colony"

Another 2 hours journey to Perhentian Island. I'm not sleepy at all.. everybody was having a great nap on the boat, i climb upstairs, hang out with Robbo, Romain and Azam. Azam talked about he's life, he's experianced as a divers and so many other things. I think im jealous with his life as the diver master - having fun all the time- uhuks. "I hate my job".

Home sweet home hehe... took bath, had free dinner at Bayu lodge - the food not nice at all- Robbo finished it all for me. We had a great chit chat for a while before its started to rain heavily. :(. EJ had a great laugh with Robbo stories and funny attitude, Romain talking about Switzerland, Jonas so silents due to hang over i guess. For me, iI'm having a good time berfoya-foya with those guys hehhe. The rain start to pour heavily, then Jonas went to sleep, all my friends went to arwana and i just hang out with Robbo at the Cool guy b'fast bar. A lot of tourist hang out upstairs. Nice songs and its so cold! What a nite.

I spend all nite with Robbo, we walk along the beach and i wonder why there's 1 stretch of the beach have no chalet, just a stretch of forest. Its so dark, im pretty scared hehe. I had a great time walking and talking with Robbo, he's a funny guy, nice, a lil bit naughty and a lil bit like Ben too which makes me easily like him more. It's very romantic moment and too bad cause we r far away from each other to make things happens the way we want. I was just being naughty, for fun but then i realised that i really had a great time, laugh and happy with him and i feel frustrated with the situation we face. I hate long distance relationship, but i can if i want too hehe.. well whatever it is, time and sincererity will tell, if he really sincere.. i'm ok with it.. if not, huisiow la hahha. Since Ben, i dont really wanna hope for anything... i'm scared to feel the terrible broken heart again. I haate those feelings. But i think i really like this Robo guy hehhe. I guess :P.

Later, i barely sleep, i can't sleep at all... just thinking about what had happened last nite.. sweet, nice but bitter when to think about our situation.. its really suck ok! This is the first time ever i had a super fast relationship hahhaha..maybe because he's likely like Ben, or maybe he's too brave to show he's feeling. What ever... It's hard to work anyway, hehe plus i dont know how true he was towards me. So, i have to put everything aside cause i have a boring life n job in front of me!!! I dont want to leave in fantasy life no more. Life is bitter when u can't get what u want. :(

Well enough for the nite, so i woke up at 6 and sit on the swing watching the life in front of me. The warm, sweet breeze of Perhentian. My last day having fun. Teik Mun joined me on the swing and watching the sun rise while chit chat. We got free alu alu divers t-shirt!! hehe, they r really a nice people. I will go to the same place again! We left the place at 10.40 am, arrive at jetty 1 our later. Had a nice, tasty lunch at Sakura restaurant. We waited for our food for 40mnts!! and thanx to that, we missed our filght waaawaaaa.. So, it means our budget added with RM177 for another plane ticket. Its horrible huhuhu..

Well, i'm tired of typing already hehe. so that's all about my vacation n lil romance i had at Perhentian Island. I missed the place!!

Enjoy my Perhentian Pic in photobucket http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee62/z-LaN/My%20Vacations/Perhentian%20Island%202008/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is what it is

death note